Tuesday, July 30, 2013

CVS Shopping Trip For Week of 7/28/13

This has been the biggest couponing haul that I have completed! I am so excited because i saved the MOST money so far!!!

I paid only $0.09 for everything that you see here!! Yes, NINE CENTS!! PLUS, i got back $7 in extra care bucks from CVS.  It feels so great to be able to purchase all of this for just nine pennies. I wish my mama would have known about this when i was growing up, it sure would have saved her thousands of dollars with three kiddos in the house.

Enough of the babbling, let's get on with HOW i did this. :D  
        -Surrrrrre, I'd be HAPPY to share with you! :D

Transaction #1: First CVS:

To start off i'm sure the first thing that you see is the Dawn dish soap. They were each on sale for $0.99 so I got 6 of them. I bought 3 newspapers from Sunday (7/28/13), that's how i was able to get so many. There is no frequency limit on how many you can buy so i took advantage.

In this transaction i got:
       - 3 of the Dawn Hand Renewal so i used (3) $0.25 off of one dawn product and (1) $0.50 off Dawn Hand Renewal dish soap.
       - 1 Pantene Shampoo and 1 Pantene Conditioner. The deal was if you buy  on sale for 2 for $7. I had a coupon of buy one get one free. This coupon deducts the maximum value of $4.99.
       - 4 Men's Speed Stick. They were on sale for $1.99 each. I used 2 manufacture coupons from the sunday's newspaper, which were $0.50 off one, and 2 printable coupons from cvs.com. One was $2 off of any 2 deodorants purchase. Since i purchased 4, i was able to use 2 of them. The second coupon from cvs.com was $1 off any $5 deodorant purchase.
       -1 Stayfree pack of pads. The deal was if you bought 1 at $2.99 then you received $1 in extra care bucks back. So i used a $1off manufacture coupon that i got from the Sunday's newspaper.
       - 1 Starbucks iced coffee 11oz for $1.50. The deal was if you bought one at $1.50 then you got back $1.50 in extra care bucks. I had a $1 off manufacture coupon that i got from coupons.com (there is a link to the coupon on the blog that i got it from - which is an awesome blog by the way- www.2littledollzdeals.com).

This brought my total to just under $11.00. This would be the out of pocket paid by me if i didn't use any extra care bucks from previous visits to CVS. I used an $8 ECB and a $3ECB.
I had to pay $0.05 in taxes.... :D I don't know how that happened but i thought it was great!

So with this transaction I ended up getting back $3.50 in extra care bucks to use on another transaction.



Transaction #2: Second CVS

       -I took advantage of the deal in the add of spend $10 of Colgate select products, get $5 in ECBs.  Sooooooo, I got (1) 16.9 fl oz mouthwash and (2) 7.6oz toothpaste. I used (1) $1.00 off manufacture coupon off of the mouthwash from the sunday's newspaper. (2) $0.75 off one toothpaste - there was one for $1.00 off in the newspaper but i didn't have it with me so i used what i had - these coupons were from inside the actual store. As i was strolling through the isles i came across a little coupon dispenser that had these, so i took 3. I used these 3 coupons in conjunction with the coupons printed from CVS.com. The first coupon was $3 off any mouthwash, toothpaste, toothbrush or floss of $15 or more. The second coupon was $2 off any two oral care purchase.
        -I got 2 more of the Dawn Hand Renewal  with two more of the $.50 coupons from the sunday's newspaper.
        - 1 Venus razor - not the disposable ones. I used a manufacture coupon from the sunday's newspaper that was $5 off any Venus razor (excluding the disposable razors). This deal was if you bought one then you got back $2 in ECBs.

This brought my total to roughly around $13 something. Of course, this would be my out of pocket expense if i didn't have any ECBs from previous visits. I used a $5 ECB, a $3 ECB that I printed from my email because CVS sent it to me, and the $3.50 of ECBs from transaction #1.

My out of pocket expense for this transaction as a total came out to $0.04!! PLUS i got back $7 in ECBs to use on my next purchase!



Phew! that was a lot of information! :D It is a lot of money to pay out of pocket if you do not have any ECBs to start out with but if you make small transactions and roll the money over in ECBs like i have then your our of pocket will not be so high. I did start out just the same. It took me a while to get the hang of couponing and I'm still learning everyday.

Try to start out by just getting what you know you are going to use, what you need and what you have coupons for. If you do not mind paying a little bit out of pocket, then go crazy! :) Once you start building the ECBs then you'll start getting the hang of rolling them over and getting the best "bang for you buck".

Happy couponing!
-Crystal K
     xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment